Spicy Oatmeal Cookies
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups uncooked regular oats
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Beat first 3 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended. Add eggs, beating until blended.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients. Add to shortening mixture, beating until blended. Stir in oats, raisins, and, if desired, pecans.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until golden brown; remove to wire racks to cool.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts