I thought this was delicious - but I was a little surprised that it wasn't as spicy as I'd expected. Definitely something I'll make again.
Spicy Moroccan Chicken Skewers
Serve with hot cooked couscous. Give the couscous nutty flavor by toasting it in a hot pan before you rehydrate it.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 2 Hours, 9 Minutes
- Calories: 204
- Fat: 10.8g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 19.3g
- Carbohydrate: 7.8g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 72mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 508mg
- Calcium: 43mg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chile paste (such as sambal oelek)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 5/8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 36 pieces
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, cut into 12 pieces
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup plain 2% reduced-fat Greek yogurt
- 1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl; stir in 1/8 teaspoon salt. Scrape mixture into a zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken; seal. Marinate in refrigerator 2 hours, turning after 1 hour.
- 2. Immerse 12 (8-inch) wooden skewers in water; soak 30 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- 3. Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- 4. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Thread 3 chicken pieces, 1 pepper piece, and 1 tomato alternately onto each skewer, beginning and ending with chicken; sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Arrange skewers on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side or until done. Serve with yogurt.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note