I thought this was delicious - but I was a little surprised that it wasn't as spicy as I'd expected. Definitely something I'll make again.
Spicy Moroccan Chicken Skewers
Photo: Johnny Autry; Food Styling: Charlotte Autry; Prop Styling: Cindy Barr
More From Cooking Light
Total: 2 Hours, 9 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 204
- Fat: 10.8g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 19.3g
- Carbohydrate: 7.8g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 72mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 508mg
- Calcium: 43mg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chile paste (such as sambal oelek)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 5/8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 36 pieces
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, cut into 12 pieces
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup plain 2% reduced-fat Greek yogurt
- 1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl; stir in 1/8 teaspoon salt. Scrape mixture into a zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken; seal. Marinate in refrigerator 2 hours, turning after 1 hour.
- 2. Immerse 12 (8-inch) wooden skewers in water; soak 30 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- 3. Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- 4. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Thread 3 chicken pieces, 1 pepper piece, and 1 tomato alternately onto each skewer, beginning and ending with chicken; sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Arrange skewers on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side or until done. Serve with yogurt.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes