Spicy Margherita Pizza
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 266
- Fat: 7g
- 3/4 cup arrabbiata sauce
- Refrigerated pizza dough
- 1/2 cup shredded smoked mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Spread arrabbiata sauce on prepared dough (see "All About Dough" below); sprinkle on smoked mozzarella cheese and part-skim mozzarella. Bake at 450° for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Top with fresh basil. Cut into 5 slices; serve.
- All About Dough
- Where to buy it: You can get refrigerated pizza dough at your local pizzeria or supermarket (Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, and Albertsons make great ones). Let dough sit at room temperature for 15 minutes before rolling it out, and arrange your oven rack at the lowest position. Then follow these directions, add toppings, and bake.
- Pizza prep: Preheat oven to 450°. Roll out 1 (1-pound) whole-wheat or regular store-bought pizza dough on a lightly floured surface with a floured rolling pin into a 13-inch round or 13- x 12-inch rectangle. Lightly spray a large baking sheet with olive oil; sprinkle with cornmeal. Transfer dough to prepared sheet. Roll up sides 1-inch to form a rim.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note