I made this with chicken and was excellent. (served over regular rice, didn't try the one coconut lime rice)
Spicy Mango Shrimp
The Twist: A quick and colorful skillet sauté topped with toasted coconut offers a light, innovative take on the sweet-hot flavor of fried coconut shrimp with honey mustard sauce.
More From Southern Living
- Coconut-Lime Rice
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled, large raw shrimp (1 6/20 count)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 to 1 tsp. dried crushed red pepper
- 1 cup chopped fresh mango
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Topping: toasted sweetened flaked coconut
- 1. Prepare Coconut-Lime Rice.
- 2. Meanwhile, sauté half of shrimp in 1 Tbsp. hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Remove shrimp from skillet. Repeat procedure with 1 Tbsp. hot oil and remaining shrimp.
- 3. Sauté onions and next 4 ingredients in remaining 1 Tbsp. hot oil over medium-high heat 1 minute. Stir in mango and next 3 ingredients, and cook 1 minute; stir in shrimp. Serve over hot cooked Coconut-Lime Rice; top with toasted coconut.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes