Spicy Mango Hot Wings
This started as a Jalapeno/Plum recipe from a Grilling magazine but I thought the plums seems out of place and exchanged them for Mango, then as written the recipe lacked heat so I punched it up a notch with some Sriracha hot sauce and red chili flake. Easy to make ahead and also works great on chick skewers.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) Sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Pepper
- 18 Chicken wings
- 1/4 cup(s) Red onion Finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) Butter
- 1/2 cup(s) Ripe Mango Chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) Hot jalapeno jelly
- Sriracha hot sauce to taste
- red chili flakes to taste
- 1/4 cup(s) water
- 2 teaspoon(s) Dijion mustard
- 1. In a bowl coat wings with oil and then season with salt and pepper. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- 2.For the sauce, in a medium saucepan saute red onion in butter over medium heat for approximately 5 minutes until tender. Add mango and lower heat slightly. Cook and stir until mango soften and start to turn into a sauce. Stir in the Jelly, hot sauce, chili flakes, water and mustard decrease heat to low and simmer until most of the mango chunks are gone. Let cool slightly and blend in a food processor until if you desire a smoother consistency.
- 3. Grill wings until done (at least 165 degrees with meat therm). For last 10 minutes of grilling move away from coals cooking indirectly (or burner if using gas) and brush with sauce occasionally.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CraigfromSC and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note