This recipe rocks!!! I love it. I use shrimp instead of tofu,this has become one of my favorites that so look forward making.
Spicy Malaysian-Style Stir-Fried Noodles
This popular Southeast Asian street fare is known as mee goreng (fried noodles). Look for the sweet bean sauce and noodles (which are sometimes frozen) at Asian markets; substitute dried linguine for lo mein. You can always use less chile paste to make a milder version.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 359
- Fat: 9.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 4.2g
- Protein: 15.1g
- Carbohydrate: 53g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Cholesterol: 17mg
- Iron: 3.4mg
- Sodium: 617mg
- Calcium: 65mg
- 1 (14-ounce) package water-packed extra-firm tofu, drained
- 1 (1-pound) package fresh Chinese lo mein egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 heads baby bok choy, trimmed and cut crosswise into 2-inch-thick strips
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons chile paste with garlic (such as sambal oelek)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sweet bean sauce
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1. Line a plate with a triple layer of paper towels; top with tofu. Place a triple layer of paper towels on top of tofu; top with another plate. Let stand 20 minutes. Cut tofu into 1/2-inch cubes.
- 2. Cook noodles in a large pan of boiling water 3 minutes or until done; drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid. Wipe pan with paper towels. Heat oil in pan over medium heat. Add garlic to pan; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add salt and bok choy; cook 30 seconds, stirring frequently. Stir in 1/2 cup reserved cooking liquid; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and cook 4 minutes.
- 3. Combine sugar and remaining ingredients, stirring until combined. Add noodles, remaining 1/2 cup cooking liquid, and sugar mixture to pan; toss to combine. Cook 30 seconds or until thoroughly heated, tossing to coat. Add tofu; toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note