Spicy Linguine with Clams
If you love heat, go for the full amount of chile flakes in this take on pasta alle vongole from Sunset reader Gail Lively, of Tucson. We suggest serving warm, crusty bread on the side to sop up the juices.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 358
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Protein: 16g
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Carbohydrate: 52g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Sodium: 1246mg
- Cholesterol: 58mg
- 8 ounces linguine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1/2 to 1 tsp. red chile flakes
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 bottle (8 oz.) clam juice
- 2 pounds clams in the shell, scrubbed and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large, wide pot over medium-high heat. Add garlic and chile flakes and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and clam juice and cook until hot. Add clams, salt, and pepper. Cook, covered, until clams open, 4 to 5 minutes.
- 3. Drain cooked pasta and put in a serving bowl. Pour clam sauce over pasta and sprinkle with parsley. Serve with cheese on the side.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note