Spicy Lettuce-Wrapped Chicken
Photo: Anne Liles
More From Coastal Living
- 2 heads Bibb lettuce
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 1 red Fresno pepper or jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- Pepper-Lime Dressing
- Garnishes: fresh cilantro leaves, chopped peanuts
- 1. Core lettuce, and soak in cold water 15 minutes. Drain; separate leaves, and set aside.
- 2. Place chicken in food processor, and pulse until coarsely chopped or minced. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, and sauté, stirring often, 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Stir in shallots and next 3 ingredients. Stir in Pepper-Lime Dressing.
- 3. To serve, spoon chicken mixture into center of lettuce leaves, and garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note