We love making this easy weeknight dish with steamed broccoli or beans and rice pilaf. Hardest part is finding the trout :)
Spicy Lemon Trout
Serve with a spinach-mushroom salad and French bread.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 374
- Calories from fat: 38%
- Fat: 15.7g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 4.5g
- Protein: 52.7g
- Carbohydrate: 6.4g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 156mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 424mg
- Calcium: 235mg
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 (6-ounce) dressed trout fillets
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Spanish smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 12 thin lemon slices (about 2 lemons)
- Cooking spray
- 1. Preheat broiler.
- 2. Combine juice and oil; brush inside of fish. Combine thyme, salt, paprika, and pepper; sprinkle evenly inside cavity of each fish. Place 3 lemon slices into cavity of each fish. Place fish on broiler pan coated with cooking spray; broil 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
- Wine note: Chardonnay comes in a wide variety of styles, and Tormaresca Chardonnay 2006 ($11) from Italy's Puglia region is well-balanced, fresh, and lean. This wine's modest amount of oak tones helps it remain bright and fruity. Its fresh mineral qualities complement the delicate flavors of the fish, while the zippy acidity resonates with the lemon and smoky paprika. —Jeffery Lindenmuth
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note