Spicy Lamb Stew
Serve with hot cooked rice, Gris or cous cous.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2-2 pound(s) Boneless lamb shoulder or stewing lamb
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 Onion, medium Coarsely chopped
- 2 clove(s) Garlic Minced
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- dash(es) Black pepper
- 1 carrots Diced
- 1 can(s) diced tomatoes, with juice(14.5 oz)
- 1 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1/2 Lemon Juiced
- Trim fat from lamb; cut into bite size pieces. Sprinkle with salt and pepper then toss with flour.
- In a Dutch oven, heat 1T olive oil. Add the floured lamb and the chopped onions; cook until lamb is browned on all sides, stirring frequently.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about 1 hour, until lamb is tender.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dswartzel and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Spicy Lamb Stew Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews