Yum! The yogurt marinade made the lamb so moist. I served spinach and orzo on the side.
Spicy Lamb Kebabs
The yogurt-based marinade would also work well with cubed beef sirloin steak.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 kebab and 1 lemon wedge)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 163
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 5.2g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 24.8g
- Carbohydrate: 3.5g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 73mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 528mg
- Calcium: 52mg
- 1 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless leg of lamb, trimmed and cubed
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 8 lemon wedges
- Combine first 11 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add lamb to bag; seal and marinate in refrigerator for 3 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove lamb from bag, and discard marinade. Thread lamb onto 8 (10-inch) skewers. Place kebabs on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 8 minutes or until desired degree of doneness, turning occasionally. Place kebabs on a platter; sprinkle with mint. Serve with lemon wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes