Spicy Juniper Mayonnaise
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh or dried juniper berries
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 (2-ounce) bottle green hot sauce*
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2/3 cup egg substitute
- 2 cups olive oil
- Cook juniper berries in a small skillet on high heat for 2 minutes. Crush berries with the back of a spoon. Add water and lemon juice; bring to a boil. Cook 5 minutes or until mixture is reduced by half. Strain mixture, discarding solids.
- In a food processor or blender, process lemon-juniper mixture, hot sauce, and next 3 ingredients until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. With processor or blender running, add oil in a slow steady stream, blending until thickened.
- *In testing, we used green Tabasco sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This