This recipe was just ok. I found it extremly spicy and over powering, but my boyfriend seemed to enjoy the flavor. I don't think I would make this again though.
Spicy Jerk Chicken Kebabs with Bell Peppers and Pineapple
The spice level of this dish is mild. For hotter taste, you can leave the seeds in the jalapeño pepper.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 kebab)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 170
- Calories from fat: 9%
- Fat: 1.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 27.2g
- Carbohydrate: 10.9g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 527mg
- Calcium: 34mg
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 4 whole cloves
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 8 garlic cloves
- 3 large shallots, peeled and cut in half
- 1 (3-inch) piece peeled fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, halved and seeded
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups (1-inch) cubed pineapple (about 1 medium)
- 1 1/2 cups (1-inch) pieces red bell pepper (about 1 large)
- 1 1/2 cups (1-inch) pieces green bell pepper (about 1 large)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add first 3 ingredients to pan; cook for 1 minute or until lightly toasted and fragrant.
- Place spices, brown sugar, and next 9 ingredients (through jalapeño) in a blender; process until smooth. Combine spice mixture and chicken in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal and marinate in refrigerator 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Prepare grill.
- Remove chicken from bag, reserving marinade. Thread chicken, pineapple, and bell peppers alternately onto each of 8 (12-inch) skewers. Brush reserved marinade onto pineapple and bell peppers. Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Place kebabs on a grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 8 minutes or until chicken is done.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Spicy Jerk Chicken Kebabs with Bell Peppers and Pineapple Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Main Dishes