Spicy Indian Snack Mix
Photo: Thomas J. Story; Styling: Randy Mon
15 minutes. Just the thing for watching Bride and Prejudice.
Yield: Serves 11 (makes 5 1/2 cups)
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 171
- Calories from fat: 53%
- Protein: 2.8g
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 3.2g
- Carbohydrate: 18g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Sodium: 229mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 quart crisp puffed rice cereal such as Rice Krispies
- 1 cup salted cashews
- 1 cup dried banana chips, broken in pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons brown mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon citric acid powder (Ball Fruit-Fresh)*
- 1. Combine cereal, cashews, and banana chips in a large bowl.
- 2. Cook oil and mustard seeds in a small covered frying pan over medium heat until seeds pop, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients. Scrape from pan over cereal and mix to coat.
- *Find in the baking aisle.
- Make ahead: Store airtight up to 1 week.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 1/2 cup.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note