- 1 quart crisp puffed rice cereal such as Rice Krispies
- 1 cup salted cashews
- 1 cup dried banana chips, broken in pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons brown mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon citric acid powder (Ball Fruit-Fresh)*
- calories 171
- caloriesfromfat 53 %
- protein 2.8 g
- fat 10 g
- satfat 3.2 g
- carbohydrate 18 g
- fiber 0.9 g
- sodium 229 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Combine cereal, cashews, and banana chips in a large bowl.
Cook oil and mustard seeds in a small covered frying pan over medium heat until seeds pop, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients. Scrape from pan over cereal and mix to coat.
*Find in the baking aisle.
Make ahead: Store airtight up to 1 week.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per 1/2 cup.