- 4 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (8-ounce) jar peach salsa
- Garnishes: fresh fruit, fresh cilantro sprigs
How to Make It
Cook tortillas in 2 batches in 1 tablespoon hot vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet 2 minutes on each side or just until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Arrange tortillas in an even layer on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet.
Break eggs in remaining 1 tablespoon hot oil in skillet, and cook 2 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Place 1 egg in center of each tortilla; top each evenly with cheese.
Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat 1 minute or until cheese melts. Sprinkle evenly with chopped cilantro. Top with salsa. Garnish, if desired.