Spicy Honey-Lime Grilled Drumsticks
The citrus and spice in these chicken drumsticks are sure to win over any crowd. You can make the sauce ahead of time for easier tailgate prep.
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 20 Minutes
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Spicy Honey-Lime Barbecue Sauce
- Garnishes: fresh cilantro leaves, lime wedges
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Let stand, covered, 30 minutes.
- 2. Coat cold cooking grate of grill with cooking spray, and place on grill. Preheat grill to 350º to 400° (medium-high) heat. Grill chicken, covered with grill lid, 5 to 10 minutes on each side or until browned. Reduce grill temperature to 250º to 300° (low) heat; grill chicken, covered with grill lid, 20 to 30 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, prepare Spicy Honey-Lime Barbecue Sauce. Reserve 1 cup sauce.
- 4. Brush chicken with remaining barbecue sauce. Cover with grill lid, and grill 10 more minutes or until done. Serve chicken with reserved 1 cup barbecue sauce. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note