Very yummy I put 1cup of collard greens in because im a veggie person. I also added some onion poweder on top. very good
Spicy Ham-and-Greens Quiche
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lydia DeGaris Pursell
More From Southern Living
- 1 cup chopped baked ham
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 (16-oz.) package frozen chopped collard greens, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose baking mix
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Sauté ham in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until browned. Stir in collards and onion, and sauté 5 minutes or until onion is tender and liquid evaporates. Layer half of collard mixture in a lightly greased 9-inch pie plate; top with 3/4 cup cheese. Repeat layers once.
- 2. Whisk together milk and remaining ingredients until smooth; pour over collard-and-cheese mixture in pie plate.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 25 to 35 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Note: We tested with Bisquick Original Pancake and Baking Mix.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note