Spicy Grilled Mango with Chiles and Crema
This quick dish is a study in balance: Sweet, spicy, sour, and salty flavors come together harmoniously and for maximum effect. Look for Mexican crema in the supermarket dairy section or in ethnic markets, or substitute crème fraîche. Serve with grilled steak, chicken, or pork chops.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 15 Minutes
- Calories: 128
- Fat: 2.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 1.9g
- Carbohydrate: 27.5g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Iron: 0.3mg
- Sodium: 172mg
- Calcium: 22mg
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1 thinly sliced green jalapeño pepper
- 1 thinly sliced red jalapeño pepper
- 2 ripe peeled mangoes, cut into 1/3-inch-thick slices
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 tablespoons Mexican crema
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1. Combine 2 tablespoons juice and jalapeños in a small bowl.
- 2. Coat mango slices with cooking spray; sprinkle with salt, black pepper, and ground red pepper. Heat a grill pan over high heat until smoking hot. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add mango to pan. Cook, without moving, 4 minutes or until well marked. Turn and cook 2 minutes; place on a platter.
- 3. Combine remaining 1 tablespoon juice and crema in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Spoon jalapeños over mango. Drizzle with crema mixture; sprinkle with cilantro leaves.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note