Spicy Grilled Corn
Who needs butter when you can have a Thai-style spicy-hot dipping sauce? And, because the husks char a bit on the outside, some of that flavor is transmitted to the kernels and you get corn that really tastes grilled.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 68
- Calories from fat: 11%
- Fat: 0.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 2.1g
- Carbohydrate: 15.8g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 87mg
- Calcium: 4mg
- 4 ears corn with husks
- 2 tablespoons Thai Hot Sauce
- 1 cup hickory wood chips (optional)
- Prepare grill.
- Pull husks back from corn, and scrub silks. Brush sauce over corn. Pull husks back over the corn to cover. Tie a string around top of husks to secure. Repeat procedure with remaining corn.
- If using wood chips, wrap the wood chips in a double layer of foil; pierce the foil packet several times. Add foil packet to grill rack for 5 minutes. Place corn on grill rack; grill, covered, for 15 minutes or until done, turning occasionally.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Spicy Grilled Corn Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Kid-Friendly
- CUISINE: American
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Vegetables
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Low Cholesterol, Low Fat, Low Sodium, Low Saturated Fat
- COOKING METHOD: Grill
- OCCASION: Autumn, Spring, Summer, Winter, Father's Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Memorial Day
- PUBLICATION: Cooking Light