Spicy Grilled Chicken Thighs with Cucumber-Radish Salad
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Kristen Shelton Fielder
The marinade for the chicken also serves as the dressing for the salad in this easy recipe for Spicy Grilled Chicken Thighs with Cucumber-Radish Salad.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Kosher salt
- 2 pounds (about 8 small) boneless chicken thighs
- 1 English cucumber, halved and sliced
- 8 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Garnish: lemon zest
- 1. Preheat grill to medium-high (350° to 400°). Combine first 8 ingredients and 1 teaspoon kosher salt in a large bowl, and reserve 1/4 cup mixture in a second bowl. Add chicken to first bowl; marinate 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, toss cucumber, radishes, and dill in reserved dressing. Season with kosher salt and black pepper to taste. Garnish, if desired.
- 3. Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade. Grill chicken 5 minutes on each side or until done. Serve with cucumber-radish salad.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note