Spicy Greens and Pear Salad with Pomegranate Gremolata
Photo: Jessica Sample
Aida Mollenkamp packs tart (pomegranate), bitter (watercress, arugula) and sweet flavors (honey, pear) into this spicy salad.
Yield: 10 to 12
More From Food & Wine
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 3 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest, finely grated
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 15 ounces mixed spicy baby greens
- 3 Bosc pears, thinly sliced lengthwise
- In a small bowl, combine the pomegranate seeds with the parsley, shallot and orange zest. Season with salt and black pepper.
- In another small bowl, whisk the oil with the pomegranate molasses, vinegar, honey and mustard; season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss the greens with the dressing and season lightly with salt and black pepper. Transfer the salad to plates or a platter and top with the pear slices and pomegranate gremolata. Serve right away.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads