- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 coarsely chopped medium jalapeño chile
- 1 1/2 cups packed flat-leaf parsley* sprigs
- 1 1/2 cups packed cilantro sprigs*
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- About 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- calories 117
- caloriesfromfat 92 %
- protein 0.7 g
- fat 13 g
- satfat 1.8 g
- carbohydrate 0.0 g
- fiber 0.8 g
- sodium 107 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
In a food processor, whirl garlic and jalapeño until minced.
Add parsley, cilantro, 1/2 cup water, the extra-virgin olive oil, lemon juice, cumin, kosher salt, and ground cardamom. Pulse until coarsely puréed. Add more salt to taste.
*For the most flavor, include stems.
Make ahead: Up to 3 days, chilled airtight.