Spicy Green Beans With Purple Onion
- 2 pounds green beans, trimmed*
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons sliced water chestnuts
- 1/2 cup diced purple onion
- Cook green beans in boiling salted water to cover 5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain.
- Whisk together oil and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Add green beans, chopped bell pepper, water chestnuts, and onion; toss well to coat. Cover and chill 8 hours.
- *Substitute 2 (9-ounce) packages frozen whole green beans, cooked according to package directions.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads