We used this recipe for shrimp only and it is delicious! It's both spicy and sweet at the same time. This is going to be a 'go to' recipe for a quick and different way to grill shrimp.
Spicy Glazed Shrimp and Vegetable Kabobs
Serve these party-ready grilled kabobs with any of our three flavorful sauces above.
More From Southern Living
Other: 30 Minutes
- 16 7- to 8-inch wooden skewers
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled, jumbo-size raw shrimp with tails (16/20 count)
- 1 tablespoon Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 yellow squash, cut into 1/4- to 1/2-inch slices
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1/4- to 1/2-inch slices
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Soak wooden skewers in water 30 minutes. Stir together honey and spicy brown mustard. Toss shrimp with Caribbean jerk seasoning, 2 Tbsp. olive oil, and 1/4 tsp. salt. Thread onto 8 skewers. Thread squash slices, zucchini slices, and red bell pepper pieces, onto remaining skewers. Brush vegetable kabobs with 1 Tbsp. olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Grill kabobs, covered with grill lid, over 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Grill vegetables 15 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally. Grill shrimp 2 minutes on each side or just until shrimp turn pink. Baste shrimp with honey mixture. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note