Spicy Gingered Shrimp
Yield: 8 appetizer servings
- 16 (12-inch) wooden skewers
- 16 unpeeled, large fresh shrimp
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup frozen orange juice or lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- Soak skewers in water 30 minutes.
- Peel shrimp, leaving tails on; devein shrimp, if desired. Place shrimp in a shallow dish.
- Process rice vinegar and remaining ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth. Pour over shrimp. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from marinade, reserving marinade. Thread 1 shrimp onto each skewer.
- Coat food rack with vegetable cooking spray, and place on grill.
- Grill, without grill lid, over high heat (400° to 500°) 2 minutes on each side, basting with reserved marinade. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Spicy Gingered Shrimp Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers, Hors d'Oeuvres, Main Dishes
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Kid-Friendly, Make-Ahead
- CUISINE: American, New American, Asian
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Shellfish
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Gluten-Free
- COOKING METHOD: Food Processor, Grill
- OCCASION: Spring, Summer, Chinese New Year, Father's Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Memorial Day, Mother's Day, Birthdays/Anniversaries
- PUBLICATION: Coastal Living
More Recipes for Appetizers