- 16 (12-inch) wooden skewers
- 16 unpeeled, large fresh shrimp
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup frozen orange juice or lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
How to Make It
Soak skewers in water 30 minutes.
Peel shrimp, leaving tails on; devein shrimp, if desired. Place shrimp in a shallow dish.
Process rice vinegar and remaining ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth. Pour over shrimp. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
Remove shrimp from marinade, reserving marinade. Thread 1 shrimp onto each skewer.
Coat food rack with vegetable cooking spray, and place on grill.
Grill, without grill lid, over high heat (400° to 500°) 2 minutes on each side, basting with reserved marinade. Serve immediately.