- 4 (6 oz.) skinned, boned chicken breast halves, cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 pound broccoli, cut into florets
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 small sweet onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. ground red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1/2 cup fat-free, reducedsodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 large oranges, peeled, sectioned and coarsely chopped
- calories 257
- fat 2 g
- satfat 0 g
- protein 22 g
- carbohydrate 39 g
- fiber 3 g
- cholesterol 41 mg
- sodium 532 mg
How to Make It
Place chicken and soy sauce in a shallow dish or heavyduty zip-top plastic bag. Cover or seal, and chill for 15 minutes.
Cook broccoli in boiling water for 3 minutes; drain. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking; remove from water and set aside. Drain chicken, reserving soy sauce; dredge chicken slices in cornstarch.
Brown chicken, in batches, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat for 1 minute per side or until done.* Remove chicken from skillet, reserving drippings; keep chicken warm.
Add reserved soy sauce, onion, ginger, orange rind, red pepper, garlic and sesame oil to reserved drippings in skillet. Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes or until onion is tender.
Add broth and marmalade to soy-sauce mixture, stirring until marmalade is melted. Return chicken to skillet. Bring to a boil for 1 minute. Slowly stir in broccoli and orange sections. Serve dish immediately.