- 4 (6-ounce) skinned and boned chicken breast halves, cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons lite soy sauce
- 1 pound broccoli, cut into florets
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/2 small sweet onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 large oranges, peeled, sectioned, and coarsely chopped
- calories 365
- caloriesfromfat 10 %
- fat 4 g
- satfat 0.8 g
- monofat 1 g
- polyfat 1.2 g
- protein 45 g
- carbohydrate 38 g
- fiber 6 g
- cholesterol 99 mg
- iron 2.6 mg
- sodium 666 mg
- calcium 123 mg
How to Make It
Place chicken and soy sauce in a shallow dish or heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag. Cover or seal, and chill 15 minutes.
Cook broccoli in boiling water 3 minutes; drain. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain. Set aside.
Drain chicken, reserving soy sauce; dredge chicken slices in cornstarch.
Brown chicken, in batches, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat 1 minute on each side or until done. Remove chicken from skillet, reserving drippings in skillet; keep chicken warm.
Add reserved soy sauce, onion, and next 5 ingredients to reserved drippings in skillet; sauté 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Add chicken broth and marmalade, stirring until marmalade is melted. Return chicken to skillet. Bring to a boil; stir in broccoli and orange sections, and serve immediately.