Spicy-and-Garlicky Brussels Sprouts
More From Food & Wine
- 3 pounds brussels sprouts, halved
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cloves (large) garlic, smashed
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the brussels sprouts and cook until bright green, 2 minutes. Drain well and pat dry.
- In a large, deep skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of the oil until shimmering. Add half of the garlic and half of the brussels sprouts and cook over high heat undisturbed for 1 minute. Add half of the crushed red pepper, season with salt and cook over moderate heat, stirring a few times, until the brussels sprouts are browned and tender, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a serving bowl. Repeat with the remaining oil, garlic, brussels sprouts and crushed red pepper. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This