Spicy Garlic Broccoli Rabe
Finishing salt, quality oil, and heat subdue broccoli rabe's bitter edge. Serve with pork chops and potatoes.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 64
- Calories from fat: 65%
- Fat: 4.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 2.5g
- Carbohydrate: 4.3g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 139mg
- Calcium: 35mg
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe (rapini), trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces (about 6 cups)
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon fleur de sel
- 1. Cook broccoli rabe in boiling water 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and plunge broccoli rabe into ice water; drain. Squeeze dry.
- 2. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic to pan; cook 1 minute. Add broccoli rabe, juice, and pepper to pan; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Drizzle with remaining 2 teaspoons oil, and sprinkle with fleur de sel.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note