Spicy "Fried" Catfish with Lemon Cream
Yield: Makes 6 servings (serving size: per serving of fish with lemon cream)
More From Southern Living
Amount per serving
- Calories: 337
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 10.1g
- Saturated fat: 4.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 35g
- Carbohydrate: 24.6g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 118mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 480mg
- Calcium: 93mg
- 6 (6-ounce) catfish fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs*
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 egg whites
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Lemon Cream
- Garnishes: orange slices, parsley sprigs
- Sprinkle catfish evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Set aside.
- Combine breadcrumbs, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper in a shallow bowl.
- Whisk egg whites in a shallow bowl until frothy. Dip fillets in egg whites, and dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
- Arrange fillets on a wire rack coated with cooking spray in an aluminum foil-lined 15- x 10-inch jellyroll pan. (Do not overlap fillets.) Lightly coat fillets evenly on both sides with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375° for 25 to 30 minutes or until fish is golden brown. Serve with Lemon Cream. Garnish, if desired.
- *1 cup plain dry breadcrumbs may be substituted for panko breadcrumbs.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes