- 1 (1 1/2- to 2-pound) flank steak
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
How to Make It
Rub both sides of steak evenly with vegetable oil.
Stir together ground cumin and next 5 ingredients. Rub cumin mixture evenly over both sides of steak. Let stand 10 minutes.
Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 5 to 7 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Remove from grill. Cover steak loosely with aluminum foil, and let stand 10 minutes. Cut across the grain into thin slices.