Not loving this one. It's a heavier/meatier fish cake than I prefer - more salmon consistency. (Full disclosure: I don't like salmon. My husband does, and he liked it more than I did.) Other big con: this takes FOREVER to make! From prep to plate, it took me about an hour and a half, which is just way too much for me.
Spicy Fish Cakes
Make these as an appetizer, or serve atop lightly dressed greens for a simple dinner. Garnish with thinly sliced green onions.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 patty)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 134
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fat: 3.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 19.4g
- Carbohydrate: 6.1g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 31mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 211mg
- Calcium: 49mg
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chile paste with garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large egg white
- 3/4 pound skinless halibut fillets, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound sea scallops
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place first 9 ingredients in a food processor; pulse until coarsely ground. Divide fish mixture into 6 equal portions, shaping each portion into a 1/2-inch-thick patty.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add patties; cook 2 minutes on each side. Turn patties over; wrap handle of pan with foil. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Hors d'Oeuvres