tasty, a little on the salty side, maybe less soy or more water next time.
Spicy Eggplant, Pork, and Tofu Stir-fry
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 334
- Calories from fat: 62%
- Protein: 18g
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Carbohydrate: 16g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Sodium: 1082mg
- Cholesterol: 41mg
- 1 pound eggplant
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Asian sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 8 ounces ground pork
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice or white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Asian red chili paste
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 8 ounces extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1. Rinse eggplant and cut crosswise into 1-inch thick rounds. Cut rounds into 1-inch-wide strips.
- 2. Pour vegetable and sesame oils into a 12-inch nonstick frying pan or a 14-inch wok over medium-high heat. When hot, add eggplant and stir frequently until soft when pierced and lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Transfer eggplant to paper towels to drain.
- 3. Add ginger and garlic to pan and stir frequently until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add pork and stir until crumbled and brown, about 5 minutes.
- 4. In a bowl, mix soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, chili paste, cornstarch, and 1/4 cup water. Pour into pan and stir until mixture is simmering and thickened, about 1 minute.
- 5. Gently stir in tofu, eggplant, and green onions until heated through.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This
Food & Wine