- 1 pound eggplant
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Asian sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 8 ounces ground pork
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice or white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Asian red chili paste
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 8 ounces extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- calories 334
- caloriesfromfat 62 %
- protein 18 g
- fat 23 g
- satfat 6 g
- carbohydrate 16 g
- fiber 2.2 g
- sodium 1082 mg
- cholesterol 41 mg
How to Make It
Rinse eggplant and cut crosswise into 1-inch thick rounds. Cut rounds into 1-inch-wide strips.
Pour vegetable and sesame oils into a 12-inch nonstick frying pan or a 14-inch wok over medium-high heat. When hot, add eggplant and stir frequently until soft when pierced and lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Transfer eggplant to paper towels to drain.
Add ginger and garlic to pan and stir frequently until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add pork and stir until crumbled and brown, about 5 minutes.
In a bowl, mix soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, chili paste, cornstarch, and 1/4 cup water. Pour into pan and stir until mixture is simmering and thickened, about 1 minute.
Gently stir in tofu, eggplant, and green onions until heated through.