Serve over whole wheat spaghetti or steamed spaghetti squash.
Oxmoor House OCTOBER 2006
1. Place a baking sheet inside oven, and preheat oven to 400°.
2. Combine breadcrumbs, 1/2 cup Parmesan, Italian seasoning, and garlic in a shallow dish. Combine egg whites and egg in a separate shallow dish. Dip eggplant slices in egg; dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
3. Remove pan from oven; coat with cooking spray. Arrange eggplant on pan; coat with cooking spray.
4. Bake at 400° for 17 minutes or until golden.
5. Reduce oven temperature to 375°.
6. Combine pasta sauce and crushed red pepper, and spread 1/2 cup evenly into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange eggplant slices over pasta sauce. Spread remaining pasta sauce evenly over eggplant; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan and mozzarella.
7. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until bubbly and cheese melts.
Go to Full Version of