Spicy Dill Pickled Asparagus
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 pound(s) asparagus spears
- 3 1/2 cup(s) white vinegar
- 1 cup(s) water
- 1 teaspoon(s) kosher or pickling salt
- 8 clove(s) garlic, peeled and lightly crushed
- 8 fronds of dill
- 1 teaspoon(s) red pepper flakes (to taste)
- Wash and cut each spear of asparagus long enough to fit a halt pint jar leaving 3/4 inch headspace. Remove the hot sterilized jars from where they are being stored and place a clove of garlic and a frond of dill at the bottom of each jar. Pack asparagus into the jar with the tips down. Combine the vinegar, water, salt and red pepper flakes in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Pour the not vinegar mix over asparagus to within 1/2 inch of the rim. Process 10 minutes for half pint jars, 15 minutes for pint jars. Allow jars to cool completely before storing, and allow to cure for at least a month before you try them. Store opened jars in the fridge.
- YIELDS 8 HALF PINT JARS
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MARYJOHUNDLEY and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Spicy Dill Pickled Asparagus Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers