Spicy Curried Nuts
Photo: Kate Sears; Styling: Elizabeth Blake
More From Allyou
- 2 cups pecans
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 1 cup brazil nuts
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup shelled raw pistachios
- 1 cup unsalted peanuts
- 9 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1. Preheat oven to 300ºF. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment, and mist lightly with cooking spray. Mix all nuts together in a large bowl.
- 2. Melt butter with brown sugar, 6 Tbsp. water, curry, salt, cumin and cayenne in a small pan over medium-low heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Pour over nuts and stir to evenly coat.
- 3. Divide nuts between baking sheets and spread into a single layer. Bake until glazed and deep brown, shaking pans occasionally, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool on sheets, breaking up any clumps. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 10 days.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note