Spicy Curried Fried Shrimp
More From Southern Living
Chill: 3 Hours
Stand: 30 Minutes
Fry: 1 Hour, 5 Minutes
- 2 pounds peeled and deveined jumbo shrimp
- Spicy Yogurt Marinade
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose baking mix
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Canola oil
- Minted Mango Dipping Sauce
- 1. Place shrimp in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish; pour Spicy Yogurt Marinade over shrimp, turning to coat. Cover and chill at least 3 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- 2. Remove shrimp from marinade, and place on a wire rack on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet; let stand 10 minutes.
- 3. Stir together baking mix and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl; toss shrimp in mixture until coated, shaking off excess. Repeat coating process. Return shrimp to rack; let stand 15 minutes.
- 4. Pour oil to a depth of 1 inch in a large, heavy skillet; heat to 350°. (Temperature will reduce as shrimp are added. For best results, keep temperature between 300° and 325°.) Fry shrimp, in batches, at 350° for 3 minutes or until golden; drain on paper towels. Serve with Minted Mango Dipping Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note