Spicy Crawfish and Andouille Pizza on French Bread
Howard L. Puckett
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 1/2 pound andouille sausage, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound cooked frozen crawfish tails, thawed and drained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 (16-ounce) French or Italian bread loaf
- 1 (14-ounce) jar pizza or pasta sauce
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded provolone cheese
- Place a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add sausage; cook 4 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned on all sides. Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic; cook over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add crawfish tails and Cajun seasoning. Remove from heat.
- Cut bread in half lengthwise. Cut each half crosswise into 3 equal pieces. Place bread, cut side up, on a baking sheet. Spread sauce over bread halves; top evenly with crawfish mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 425° for 13 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes