Spicy Crab Toast from Justin Ernsberger, Executive Chef, Grand Central Oyster Bar BROOKLYN
The soon-to-open Grand Central Oyster Bar Brooklyn (mid-November 2013), located at 254-256 Fifth Avenue in Park Slope, named Justin Ernsberger its executive chef. He is a 1997 graduate of the French Culinary Institute, earning the prestigious Grand Diplome, and gained experience at such renowned New York City eateries as Aquagrill and Jean-Georges. Ernsberger says: “I love the complexity of the market, and the availability of so many different types of seafood that allow you to work with so ma
- 1 pound(s) lump crab meet (already cooked)
- teaspoon(s) minced garlic
- teaspoon(s) pepperoncini flakes (or red chili flakes)
- teaspoon(s) sliced scallion, green part
- tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- tablespoon(s) chopped parsley
- ounce(s) oz dry white wine
- teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- teaspoon(s) olive oil
- slice(s) slices crusty bread
- dash(es) Lemon Garlic for Garnish
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat , add the olive oil and toast both sides of the bread to a nice golden brown. Set them aside on paper towel to cool and season with a pinch of salt.
- In a sauté pan over medium heat add the butter, garlic, scallion, pepperoncini flakes, parsley and salt. Stirring with a wooden spoon continuously, bloom out the fragrance of these ingredients for 1 min, adjust to a low heat if it starts to color too fast.
- Next you add the crab (note: it is recommended that you check the crab for any cartilage or shell fragments). Fold the crab into the garlic mixture and season with salt, then add the wine. Continue cooking out the wine until fully evaporated and the ingredients are well mixed.
- Spoon the crab mix onto the toasted bread and finish with freshly grated lemon zest and a drizzle of olive oil. Serve immediately and perhaps pair this with fruity Chardonnay or Pinot Grigio. This recipe will serve up to six people.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by johnnycigarpr and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Spicy Crab Toast from Justin Ernsberger, Executive Chef, Grand Central Oyster Bar BROOKLYN Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers