Spicy Crab-and-Ginger Salsa with Sesame Wontons
This quick and easy appetizer will have your dinner guests talking. The spicy crab-and-ginger salsa is the perfect compliment to these yummy wontons sprinkled with sesame seeds.
Yield: Makes 8 appetizer servings
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Thai chili-garlic sauce or paste
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces lump crabmeat, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickled ginger
- Peanut oil
- 24 wontons
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Whisk together rice wine vinegar and next 5 ingredients. Stir in crabmeat and next 3 ingredients. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Pour peanut oil to a depth of 1/2 inch into a large skillet. Fry wontons, in batches, in hot oil over medium-high heat 30 seconds on each side or until golden. Drain on paper towels; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve wontons with salsa.
- NOTE: Chili-garlic sauce or paste may be found in the Asian section of the supermarket or in gourmet stores.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers