The BEST soup ever!!
Spicy Coconut Shrimp Soup
For a spicier finish to Spicy Coconut Shrimp Soup, top with minced Thai chile pepper.
More From Southern Living
Total: 55 Minutes
- 1 pound unpeeled, medium-size raw Gulf shrimp (36/40 count)
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (13.5-oz.) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 1 (8-oz.) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium-size red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 Thai chile pepper, seeded and minced (optional)
- 1. Peel shrimp; devein, if desired.
- 2. Sauté ginger and garlic in hot oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat 1 to 2 minutes or until fragrant. Add broth and next 5 ingredients. Bring broth mixture to a boil, and reduce heat to medium. Add mushrooms and bell pepper, and cook, stirring often, 3 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add shrimp, and cook 1 to 2 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Remove from heat. Add basil, next 2 ingredients, and, if desired, chile pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note