- 8 ounces rice noodles or fettuccine
- 1 13.5-ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon chili paste or sauce (optional)
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces bean sprouts
- 16 basil leaves, whole or torn
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut, toasted (optional)
- calories 480
- caloriesfromfat 44 %
- fat 25 g
- satfat 19 g
- cholesterol 0 mg
- sodium 720 mg
- carbohydrate 58 g
- fiber 2 g
- sugars 4 g
- protein 12 g
How to Make It
Cook the noodles according to the package directions.
Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, over medium heat, combine the coconut milk, tomato paste, chili powder, salt, and chili paste or sauce (if using). Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the drained noodles and toss. Divide the noodles among individual bowls. Top with the scallions, sprouts, basil, and coconut (if using).
Tip: To toast shredded coconut, scatter it on a baking sheet and place in a 350° F oven until it's golden, 3 to 5 minutes. Watch carefully: It goes from toasted to scorched in seconds.