I have made this recipe every year since it was published - a family favorite!
Spicy Chipotle Barbecue Sausage Bites
Coat cocktail-sized smoked sausages with a homemade glaze featuring barbecue sauce, cherry preserves, chipotle peppers, and adobo sauce for an easy party appetizer that's sure to be gobbled up in no time.
More From Southern Living
- 1 (28-oz.) bottle barbecue sauce
- 1 (18-oz.) jar cherry preserves
- 3 chopped canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce from can
- 2 (16-oz.) packages cocktail-size smoked sausages
- 1. Whisk together barbecue sauce, cherry preserves, and next 3 ingredients in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Add smoked sausages, and return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes.
- Note: To serve, keep warm in a slow cooker on LOW, if desired. Serve with miniature rolls, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This
Food & Wine