I could not believe how easy this soup was to make Full of flavor and just enough spice I added some ditalini pasta to it and used Pre cooked packaged chicken add a salad and some bread, and dinner is ready.
Spicy Chicken Soup
If you like a little kick to your dish, this Spicy Chicken Soup is for you! Rely on convenience items such as chopped cooked chicken, canned chicken broth and canned veggies to make this super-quick soup. Baked tortilla chips and a garden salad are excellent accompaniments.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 358
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 11.8g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 40.6g
- Carbohydrate: 23.3g
- Fiber: 4.9g
- Cholesterol: 95mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 1536mg
- Calcium: 65mg
- 1 (7-ounce) can chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast strips (such as Louis Rich; about 12 ounces)
- 2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained (such as Del Monte)
- 1 (11-ounce) can whole-kernel corn with sweet peppers, drained
- Remove 1 chile from can; reserve the remaining chiles and sauce for another use. Mince chile.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper, onions, garlic, and cumin; saute 4 minutes or until the vegetables are soft. Stir in minced chile, chicken, broth, tomatoes, and corn. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note