Quick and delicious stir fry. I used frozen grilled chicken breast strips and stir fried them first, then proceeded with recipe. As other reviewers, I also heated the sauce leaving the chicken & veg. in the pan. Served over brown rice. Will be making this again.
Spicy Chicken and Snow Peas
Photo: Lee Harrelson; Styling: Melanie J. Clarke
Look for chile paste with garlic on the Asian aisle of large supermarkets.
Yield: 4 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 293
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 9.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 27.3g
- Carbohydrate: 24.7g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Cholesterol: 60mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 667mg
- Calcium: 48mg
- 1 (3 1/2-ounce) bag boil-in-bag long-grain rice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chile paste with garlic (such as sambal oelek)
- 1 teaspoon bottled ground fresh ginger (such as Spice World)
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 1/2 cups matchstick-cut carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups snow peas, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup unsalted, dry-roasted peanuts
- Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Keep warm.
- Combine sugar and next 4 ingredients (through ginger) in a small bowl. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add oil to pan. Add carrots and pepper to pan; sauté 2 minutes. Add chicken and peas to pan; sauté 1 minute. Transfer chicken mixture to a large bowl; stir in salt.
- Return pan to heat. Add soy sauce mixture to pan; bring to a boil. Cook until reduced to 1/4 cup (about 1 1/2 minutes), stirring constantly. Arrange about 1/2 cup rice on each of 4 plates; top each serving with about 1 1/4 cups chicken mixture. Drizzle 1 tablespoon sauce over each serving; sprinkle each serving with about 4 teaspoons peanuts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note