I rarely rate 5 stars and I have made some really delicious things from CL - this is just the perfect combo = delicious and not totally labor intensive. I rubbed green Tabasco and oregano/salt directly onto pounded chicken breasts, lightly floured and then did the egg dip and chip coating. Put the chicken on cooling rack to keep it crispy. The mayo is perfect. Served on Hawaiian hamburger bun and we all liked that sweetness along with the mild heat of the chicken. I'll be making this again and again; we loved it almost as much as the Korean/bulgogi burger CL recipe.
Spicy Chicken Sandwiches with Cilantro-Lime Mayo
More From Cooking Light
2 Hours, 27 Minutes
- Calories: 419
- Fat: 13.2g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.4g
- Protein: 28.1g
- Carbohydrate: 46.8g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 49mg
- Iron: 3.2mg
- Sodium: 611mg
- Calcium: 101mg
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 4 1/2 ounces baked tortilla chips (about 6 cups)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Remaining ingredients:
- 4 (2-ounce) Kaiser rolls, split
- 12 (1/8-inch-thick) red onion slices
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1. To prepare mayo, combine the first 4 ingredients.
- 2. To prepare chicken, combine egg substitute, hot sauce, oregano, and salt in a large zip-top plastic bag. Cut chicken breast halves in half horizontally to form 4 cutlets. Add chicken to bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator 2 hours or up to 8 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- 3. Place tortilla chips in a food processor; process 1 minute or until ground. Place ground chips in a shallow dish.
- 4. Working with one cutlet at a time, remove chicken from marinade, allowing excess to drip off. Coat chicken completely in chips. Set aside. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken and chips.
- 5. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil to pan, swirling to coat. Add chicken to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned and done. Spread mayo evenly over cut sides of rolls. Layer bottom half of each roll with 3 onion slices, 1 lettuce leaf, and 1 chicken cutlet; top with top halves of rolls.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note