Spicy Chicken Sandwiches with Cilantro-Lime Mayo
Chicken cutlets are encrusted with tortilla chip crumbs, which yield a satisfying crunch. You can also use spicy chips for more heat.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 sandwich)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 483
- Fat: 20.3g
- Saturated fat: 3.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.8g
- Protein: 25.7g
- Carbohydrate: 50.5g
- Fiber: 6.7g
- Cholesterol: 49mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 889mg
- Calcium: 49mg
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 4 1/2 ounces gluten-free tortilla chips (about 6 cups)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (1.5-ounce) gluten-free sandwich rolls
- 12 (1/8-inch-thick) slices red onion
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1. Combine first 4 ingredients; refrigerate until ready to prepare sandwiches.
- 2. Combine egg whites and next 3 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Cut chicken breast halves in half horizontally to form 4 cutlets. Add chicken to bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator for at least 2 hours or up to 8 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- 3. Place tortilla chips in a food processor; process 1 minute or until ground. Place ground chips in a shallow dish.
- 4. Working with one cutlet at a time, remove chicken from bag, allowing excess marinade to drip off. Coat chicken completely in chips. Set aside. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken and chips.
- 5. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add oil to pan, swirling to coat. Add chicken to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned and done. Spread mayonnaise mixture evenly over cut sides of rolls. Layer bottom half of each roll with 3 onion slices, 1 lettuce leaf, and 1 chicken cutlet; top with top halves of rolls.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note